Black Bear Getaway Policies
BLACK BEAR GETAWAY CABIN POLICY:
- You must be at least 21 to rent the cabin. Anyone under 21 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- Additional guests are $15 / each per night. Children are counted as guests.
- Full payment is required at time of reservation(see lodge policy below).
- Reservations Change Fee: $50 for the cabin. $75 for the lodge.
- A 6% lodging and 7.25% sales tax will be added to rates.
- We accept Visa and Mastercard.
- 2 Night Minimum Stay required.
- Hot Tub: We are not responsible for any allergic reaction to the chemicals in the hot tub. If you do react, take a shower immediately. Hot tubs are maintained regularly. No refunds.
- We suggest that as you venture away that you leave the keys in the lock box so as to avoid losing the keys and to avoid a $50 lost key fee.
- Firearms are strictly prohibited on the cabin property. No fireworks allowed.
LAZY BEAR LODGE RENTAL POLICY:
For future lodge bookings, we are taking 1/2 down at the time of the reservation, which includes a $275 non-refundable deposit, and then taking the balance due three months before your stay. If you cancel at any time between booking and three months prior to your stay, we will keep the $275 deposit. If you cancel within three months and two weeks of the reservation, we will refund 50% of the total. If you cancel within two weeks of the reservation, there will be no refund.
- 14 days or more before arrival at the cabin: Refund less $100.00 processing fee (see lodge policy above).
- No refund within two weeks for your stay
- No refund for early departures, inclement weather or malfunctions of appliances, hot tub, etc.
- No refund for inclement weather.
CHECK IN / CHECK OUT:
- You may arrive at your cabin anytime after 4:00 PM. You will be provided with key access information and specific directions to your cabin.
- Check out by 11:00 am. Please wash dishes or start dishwasher. Take all bags of trash and put in the dumpster at the end of the driveway. Make sure all lights and fans are turned off. Do not start a fire in the fireplace on the day of departure and never leave a fire unattended. Make sure to lock the house before leaving and to leave the key in the lockbox.
OCCUPANCY AND HOUSEKEEPING:
- Cleaning fee collected at the time of booking on reservations made after 6/3/2022. Lodge fee $175. Cabin fee $80.
- Paid guests only please.
- Pets are not allowed. You will be charged a fee of $100.00 if evidence of pets is found.
- Smoking is not allowed inside the cabin. You are welcome to smoke outside.
There is a $200.00 charge plus damages for smoking in the building.
- We treat our cabin for pests, but remember the cabins are in the woods. You may encounter insects, spiders, mice, and other woodland creatures. There are no refunds due to these encounters.
- We reserve the right to charge your credit card for any damages or excessive cleaning from your stay.
If you notice any problems upon checking in, please let us know right away to avoid any damages being charged to your account.
- We provide linens, towels, toilet paper, paper towels, trash bags, and dishwashing detergent.
- Firewood, $7 bundle ($3 donated to St. Judes' Children's Hospital)
- On rare occasions – appliances, the hot tub, fireplace, etc. can malfunction. We cannot refund any money due to these inconveniences, but we will do our best to service these amenities as soon as possible.
- In the event of a loss outside of our control such as time without electricity, water, etc. we cannot make any rental concession; however, we will respond as soon as possible to restore these amenities.
- We will do our very best to have your cabin ready for you by 3:00-4:00 PM. Due to cleaning and servicing, your hot tub may not be at full temperature when you arrive – It may need several hours to heat.
- We will respond as soon as possible to clear snow and ice from the driveway on the day of your arrival; however,
4×4 is highly recommended from approximately December to March.
- Swimming/fishing in the pond at Lazy Bear Lodge and Black Bear cabin is prohibited.
- Guests agree to hold Black Bear Getaway harmless for any personal injuries, as well as loss or damage to the personal property of guests during the guest’s stay.
- Policies and rates are subject to change without notice. We reserve the right to charge your credit card for any damages or excessive cleaning required after your stay.
- This page was last updated on 05/19/22.