• You must be at least 21 to rent the cabin. Anyone under 21 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
• Additional guests are $15 / each per night. Children are counted as guests.
• Full payment is required at time of reservation.
• Reservations Change Fee: $50 Crane's Place and cabin. $75 for the lodge.
• A 6% lodging and 7.25% sales tax will be added to rates.
• We accept American Express, Visa, Mastercard and Discover.
• 2 Night Minimum Stay required.
• Hot Tub: We are not responsible for any allergic reaction to the chemicals in the hot tub. If you do react, take a
shower immediately. Hot tubs are maintained regularly. No refunds.
• We suggest that as you venture away that you leave the keys in the lock box so as to avoid losing the keys
and to avoid a $50 lost key fee.
• Firearms are strictly prohibited on the cabin property.
• 14 days or more before arrival: Refund less $100.00 processing fee.
• No refund within two weeks for your stay
• No refund for early departures, inclement weather or malfunctions of appliances, hot tub, etc.
• No refund for inclement weather.
Check In / Check Out:
• You may arrive at your cabin anytime after 4:00 PM. You will be provided with key access information and
specific directions to your cabin.
• Check out by 11:00 am. Please wash dishes or start dishwasher. Take all bags of trash and put in the dumpster
at the end of the driveway. Make sure all lights and fans are turned off. Do not start a fire in the fireplace
on the day of departure and never leave a fire unattended. Make sure to lock the house before leaving and
to leave the key in the lockbox.
Occupancy and Housekeeping:
• Paid guests only please.
• Pets are not allowed. You will be charged a fee of $100.00 if evidence of pets is found.
• Smoking is not allowed inside the cabin. You are welcome to smoke outside.
There is a $200.00 charge plus damages for smoking in the building.
• We treat our cabin for pests, but remember the cabins are in the woods. You may encounter insects, spiders, mice,
and other woodland creatures. There are no refunds due to these encounters.
• We reserve the right to charge your credit card for any damages or excessive cleaning from your stay.
If you notice any problems upon checking in, please let us know right away to avoid any damages being charged to
• We provide linens, towels, toilet paper, paper towels, trash bags, and dishwashing detergent.
• Firewood, $7 bundle (wood provided at Cranes' Place with donations to Children's Hospital accepted)
• On rare occasions - appliances, the hot tub, fireplace, etc. can malfunction. We cannot refund any money due to
these inconveniences, but we will do our best to service these amenities as soon as possible.
• In the event of a loss outside of our control such as time without electricity, water, etc. we cannot make any
rental concession; however, we will respond as soon as possible to restore these amenities.
• We will do our very best to have your cabin ready for you by 3:00 PM. Due to cleaning and servicing, your hot tub
may not be at full temperature when you arrive - It may need several hours to heat.
• We will respond as soon as possible to clear snow and ice from the driveway on the day of your arrival; however,
4×4 is highly recommended from approximately December to March.
• Swimming/fishing in the pond at Lazy Bear Lodge and Black Bear cabin is prohibited (fishing/swimming encouraged at Cranes' Place)
• Guests agree to hold Black Bear Getaway harmless for any personal injuries, as well as loss or damage to the
personal property of guests during the guest’s stay.
• Policies and rates are subject to change without notice. We reserve the right to charge your credit card for any
damages or excessive cleaning required after your stay.
• This page was last updated on 10/09/17.